Blog 5: Integrality in the Work Place




Integrality in the Work Place

My Reflection Framework

See-Experience/Conscious Experience (“Masid-Danas”)


During the session, I learned a lot of things about Integrality in the workplace where I was able to learn its importance, contributions and effects through the effort of the presenter, Dr. Cristine Margaret R. Atienza, who has been an expert in this field. I think the session was a remarkable one. It is very nice to meet the speaker.







The seminar was very informative especially to all business leaders like me because it is essential to know that our subordinates needs to be whole as a person.




Dr. Atienza gave us valuable information about the Model of Integration which made me engage more to listen throughout the presentation. My attention was glued to the entire session because the speaker was able to explain the importance and the impact of wholeness of a person.  I really admire her knowledge in human integrality especially when she told us that she practices it in her workplace and that makes her more credible as a speaker.

I believe that the discussion is very relevant and timely because in this fast-paced world, most of those in business base productivity on numbers and on how much they can earn forgetting to focus on making sure their employees are engaged at and their customers are happy and satisfied.


Analysis-Reflection/Critical Reflections (Suri-Nilay)

After the seminar, I became more confident because of all the things I learned making it easier for me to recognize concerns, issues and problems and work on a solution for the collective good of the company and the employees.








During the Q&A session, I had a lot of questions since it was easy to relate the discussion with my previous experiences as a former HR Practitioner. It made me understand more how hard it is to deal with issues and concerns the companies and employees face. Also, it is very enlightening as I learned that we need integrality to experience wholeness in life.  We are human beings that need to experience wholeness.
As a Real Estate Broker, I am challenged to practice human integrality not just in my organization, but with my clients as well, and help them transform to have an integrated life.This will be a great help for me now, since we are focused on achieving the sales target.






Commitment-Action/Committed Action (Taya-Kilos)

Aside from closing deals and achieving a high importance of material aspect, I would like to promote to my team to have them experience  Integral Human Development

As I was so inspired by Dr. Atienza’s statement that “the next level of achieving wholeness is Sharing”, I am going to address the following in my life:
1. Have FGDs or focus group discussions about the aspects of each personal well being.
2. Ask at least 3 major aspects that each team member would like to focus on.
3. Ask the team to create a collaborative activity and make a schedule on how to achieve it.
3. Before every meeting starts, I will check each one of them if they are continuously working on the goal that they are meant to achieve.
I also commit to working on myself so that I, too, can experience wholeness. This may happen through the following:

1. Make an achievement board where I can list all my goals for each aspect of my life where it will also indicate my progress.
2. Create a road map on how to achieve my goals. I will check it quarterly and monthly.
3. Meditate at least 15 minutes a day focusing on my achievements each day.
4. Keep myself healthy by eating more fruits and vegetables, sleeping early, drinking lots of water and exercise.
5. Have a personal “Thank You” journal where I can appreciate my victories.
6. Promise to visit my psychiatrist based on the schedule provided.
7. Clean my room of all the clutter and negative thoughts and free my mind to a more positive outlook in life.
8. Be cultured by visiting art galleries and even return to my habit of sketching.
9. Always pray day and night, read the bible in the morning and always talk to God.
10. Continue to save and learn about investing so I can support my family, myself and the society.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 4: Aesthetic / Cultural Development A trip to the National Museum and Food Crawling in Binondo

Blog 7: Mindfulness / Zen Meditation

Blog 8: Social Development / GK Enchanted Farm