Blog 2: Spiritual / Moral Development / Recollection


Recollection (Spiritual Development)



During our recollection, we were asked to choose a photo laid on the table and were asked us to explain why I chose it.






Chosen Photo




The one that struck me most was the image of a dark room with a light. This reminded me of the time when I was going though social anxiety and depression and realized through the photo that there is always hope no matter how dark our days get. This made me see that in every sadness (darkness) there is happiness and in every pain, joy awaits. That even during times of hardships, the Lord is always there to heal us. True enough that if one will hold on to her faith in Christ, then nothing is impossible. If I will just continue holding on to my faith, then I will be able to surpass all challenges life will give.









The next part of the session , we were also asked to “Draw a Bridge” and labeled it with the people or situations that made us reach where we are now.

Without any question, I placed Jesus Christ at the first end because I know and believe that with me knowing Him everyday, I became stronger. As the song says, He turned my mourning into dancing. God have a very big part turning my darkness into light. Whenever I asked for something, truly if it is according to His will, he will grant it. He granted my most awaited prayer of becoming a Real Estate Broker and had my first sale just when I asked for it.






Similarly, my PARENTS/ FAMILY served as my source of strength  and motivation. 
They challengeme to be the best I can be. They encourage me to take risks that I normally will not take, yet they believed in me the way no one else have. I am grateful for having such wonderful parents and their upbringing. I hope that my father is happy in heaven with my achievements.








My COUSINS also played a big role in my life especially whenever I need someone to talk to. They are my support system and my source of my wisdom. I consider them as my real siblings, always there whenever I need a lift.












When I got my FIRST SALE as a real estate agent. I earned more than what I expected and because of that I was able to go on holiday in London for a month.  I was enlightened that I was motivated to do well as part of the real estate industry.






My Reflection Framework

See-Experience/Conscious Experience 

After creating my own life bridge, I realized that I have been through a lot of challenges and obstacles. I cannot imagine getting through it all alone, but because of God’s grace, I was able to surpass those challenges, along with the help of my family, relatives and friends. They have made me a better person, inspired and motivated me to be the best and to do more.  Because of this, I can say that whatever challenges may still come in my life, I will be able to overcome.


Each and everyone of us may undergo through different obstacles in life. It is inspiring to know and see that I am not the only one who tries to rise up from the ashes. If other people were able to rise up from rags to riches, from painful memories to creating happier ones, then I know I can also rise up whenever challenges come.




Analysis and Reflection

Sharing is healing. Since I am still undergoing challenges such as depression and social anxiety, I was able to voice out my problems through the sharing part of this session. Knowing that other people are willing to listen, you feel connected to them. It really helps a lot that there are people who are willing to hear you out and understand what you are going through even when they also have their own issues and problems to deal with.  It gives a happy feeling that people also care about you. And because they are willing to extend a helping hand, I am inspired to do the same for them as well. For me, this is one of the highlights of this session. Even though we do not really know each other that much, I was able to share with them what I was feeling which I believe is a big step for me to face this situation positively and solve this problem.

As a challenge of my faith being a Christian and a Lasallian, I will continue to be inspired by everything I learned from other people and be an inspiration to others as well by sharing my life experiences. Asking someone to share anything about themselves is difficult because of trust issues. This is the reason why it is not only very challenging for me but because I will start sharing my experiences, I hope to inspire others to do the same.
Commitment-Action/Committed Action


I commit to listen to others. I believe that listening is a way of healing people and people need to be connected and be able to show compassion about what we hear and learn from shared stories and experiences by others.

I commit to share my story. One way of being compassionate is by helping other people by inspiring them. God allows things to happens in life where He uses our life to continuously glorify His name. Let us use this experience to help other people.


I promise myself that I will be willing to help other people by always listening to them. I will also randomly ask my friends from time to time how they are doing. For someone like me who has undergone depression and social anxiety, I may be able to see some signs from other people if they might be undergoing the same situation. I will try to get to know them better and read between the lines whenever I talk to them or they choose to share their stories with me.



If given the chance, I will also take part in inspiring others by being a resource speaker to all the youth, informing them that sharing and listening means empowering people, enlightening them and inspiring them to do the same to others.






“It is important that we share our experiences with other people. Your story
will heal you and your story will heal somebody else. When you tell your story,
you free yourself and give other people permission to acknowledge their own
story - Iyanla Vanzant”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 4: Aesthetic / Cultural Development A trip to the National Museum and Food Crawling in Binondo

Blog 7: Mindfulness / Zen Meditation

Blog 8: Social Development / GK Enchanted Farm